Thursday, November 25, 2010

Charlie's First Birthday



Dear Charlie,

On this day of Thanksgiving, I'm spending my time reflecting on the fact that you are one years old today. How is it possible that an entire year has already passed? I can literally still feel you rolling around in my tummy. I can still hear that precious newborn cry ringing in my ears. I remember the first moment I laid my eyes on you like it was yesterday. Our lives changed forever the second you were born.



You are the most amazing baby boy. You definitely made the transition into being a mommy of two children easy. Everywhere we go, people are commenting on how easy going you are. You are my favorite person to go grocery shopping with! Your smile is contagious and your laugh can be heard a mile away.

Watching you grow and learn over the last year has been nothing short of amazing. You started out as this little lump that I carried everywhere. Now you crawl around like a rocket, anxious to discover all the new things around you. You love to clap along with the Spongebob Squarepants theme song that your brother watches in the mornings. You blow raspberries constantly and send yourself into a giggle fit. You adore your big brother and light up the moment he enters the room. Recently your favorite activity is racing him around the house, crawling behind him as fast as you can. It's so fun to see your relationship developing with him more every day. I'm confident you will be very close with your brother, who loves you so much.

Thank you for bringing so much joy and happiness into my life. You filled a piece that was missing in our family and I cannot imagine life without you. I can't wait to see what adventures this next year brings, but if it's anything like this last year, it will be incredible.

I love you so much, precious boy of mine.

Love,
Mommy



1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Wow, how is it that a year has passed? That is crazy! You are one lucky mommy :O)

    ReplyDelete