Friday, February 19, 2010

Done with winter

I am in complete disbelief. We have been planning for weeks for Jackson's preschool birthday celebration. I spent hours frosting 48 sugar cookies, my sweet mom helped me put together party bags for all the kids, I spent hours at Leah's house to create a poster board with pictures over the years (well, she did it all!). And what happens on the big day? Jackson woke up this morning with a fever, sore throat, and cough. AGAIN. This is the billionth time he's been sick in the last few months.

Can I tell you how much I wish winter would just end already?

My poor little guy is such a trooper. When I first told him I didn't think he'd be able to go to school, his little bottom lip pouted out and it just about shattered my heart in pieces. But he's pretty darn content now, snuggled up in my bed watching "Monsters Inc." I'm pretty sure I'll be able to talk with his teacher and plan on them celebrating his birthday on Monday instead, but it still just stinks.

Now all I can pray for is that Charlie doesn't catch this again. That's a whole different story for another day. I just keep focusing on the fact that spring will be here soon and hopefully we can all be healthy for more than one week at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment