Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baby food makin' machine!

Even before Charlie was born, I knew that I wanted to make his baby food. For some reason, I never even thought of the idea that I could do that when Jackson was a baby. We just went with the flow and bought jarred baby food without a second thought. This time around I knew I wanted to do it differently. I wanted to know exactly what I was putting into my child's mouth without all the added preservatives and other chemicals that can be found in store bought baby food. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing mommas that choose to use jarred baby food, believe me. I did that with Jackson and I don't have any regrets about it and he's a perfectly healthy little man. I just wanted to take a different route with Charlie.

Now that we've gotten him started on some solid foods, I have literally become a baby food factory! Eric and I spent last weekend getting all the produce I would need and spent time together in the kitchen, steaming and pureeing different fruits.


Starting with some peaches!

My little helper

The peaches steaming away

Time for the Magic Bullet!


It was actually some great quality time with my husband. It felt good knowing that we were preparing our son's food together. And let me tell you - it was incredibly rewarding when Charlie took his first bite of our hard work! He loved it (we started with bananas) and he had his first taste of apples this morning. He wasn't so sure about the apples, but we'll get there. The bottom line is this - making baby food is fun!


I think he likes it!

4 comments:

  1. My word Mama, that baby is ADORABLE!! And look at you, too! You look great!! I'm slightly jealous, hehe! :)

    I think making your own baby food is such a good thing to do. We want to try it too, but I have no idea how! I might need to pick your brain about the details once we get closer to that stage. Keep us posted about how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing post. I love it
    Btw, I have got an award waiting for u. check it out on my blog. LOve ur blog & u derserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have already told Ryan that he will be in charge of making the food when Joseph gets old enough...he was on board right away, but even more when he saw how expensive those little jars are! =)

    By the way, I hadn't seen any pictures of you lately, but you are looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look so good jessie girl :)

    ReplyDelete