Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rice Cereal Adventures!



We hit a pretty major milestone yesterday - Charlie's first time eating rice cereal. I can't believe he's already six months. Where in the world has the time gone? It was seriously a nano second ago that he was rolling around inside of my tummy. Now he's sitting in his Bumbo Seat (the best baby invention on the planet) eating cereal. Can we slow down time just a little please? I do have to say that I'm very proud of myself for going six months exclusively breast feeding my little monkey. Since I had to supplement with formula for Jackson, I was positive I would have to do the same for Charlie. But we did it - for six whole months, I was able to provide everything he needed. It was a rough start and I'm very thankful for my sweet husband who kept me going when I wanted to quit. Thank you, sweetheart, for your continuous support.


There's no ifs, ands, or buts - my boy is going to love eating. Is that any surprise considering Jackson eats like there's no tomorrow. It was pretty entertaining to watch his reaction as the cereal entered his mouth. You could literally see him saying, "THANK YOU God for this meal set before me!"

Alright Mom, let's do this!

What is this thing you're putting in my mouth??

This is interesting...

Hmm... I'm not too sure about this!

WHOA!! This is craziness!

Yep, I like it... any more on my hand??


And for your viewing pleasure, here's Mr. Charlie eating for the first time. Talk about crazy tongue!!






4 comments:

  1. He is adorable! He has those kissable cheeks like my Austin! I remember doing the rice cereal with Austin, he made some pretty funny faces. Yes time flies! I can't believe when people ask how old his is that I say 9 months. I recently came across your blog and wanted to follow! Hope you dont mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so cute!!My daughter is a good eater and it is an absolute blessing. It is so much fun when they start eating!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I pretty much think he's a keeper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Your little one is so cute! I'm your newest follower and really enjoying your blog! Hope to see you around mine sometime!
    Chelsea
    http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete